A Child’s Hope is a community of hope in Haiti committed to saving lost and abandoned children and raising them in a safe, sustainable, and Christian environment.
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” – Proverbs 22:6
Our mission is to provide lost or abandoned children a home, an education and life skills that will allow them to rebuild and lead the Haiti of tomorrow.
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is: to look after orphans and widows in their distress… – James 1:27
Our vision is to create a home for lost children in Haiti. With a Christian foundation, the focus will be on education and the physical and mental well-being of each child.
Our ultimate goal is for these children of Hope to grow and mature to become productive leaders in the Haitian Society. As founders of “A Child’s Hope,” we want to join with Haitian partners who share a common Christian vision to aid Haiti in its rebuilding efforts. Our chosen path is to work with Haiti’s orphaned, abandoned and lost children–an underserved and decidedly underprivileged group. We believe in strong family values that have the children’s best physical, emotional, educational, and spiritual interest at heart.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the lord, not men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the lord as a reward.
It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” Colossians 3:23-24
Goals of A Child’s Hope
- Our goal is to involve Haitians to the utmost in this program and to embrace the Haitian culture.
- We are committed to seeing the “A Child’s Hope” community flourish and thrive for its members as they grow and progress through the program.
- A Child’s Hope will be a home for its members to look to as a family.
- A Child’s Hope will provide a multi-lingual curriculum. Creole will be the primary language with English & French as secondary languages. Speaking the different languages will enhance the students’ potential as they become employed and serve their country.
- The Haitian culture is to be respected and it will form the foundation for the social and educational programs at “A Child’s Hope.”
- A Child’s Hope will strive to become a self sustainable community
- The Founders will provide opportunities for others to serve.
- The Founders have no economic or monetary incentive from these efforts.